Support of the public library has been a function of the Club since its inception. In 1936, the family of a member established a fund in her memory. The interest from this fund is given to the Sarasota County Library annually allowing the Club to continue its commitment to literacy in our community.
A scholarship fund was set up by the Club in 1986. Memorials, tributes, donations and the proceeds from an annual fundraiser are added to the principal amount. A $1,000 scholarship is awarded every year to a deserving student, as identified by the Scholarship committee.
The philanthropic trust was created in 1995 with monies realized from the sale of a clubhouse. Income from the investments of the trust are used for local philanthropies (see "Our Philanthropies" page). Five trustees who are elected from the club membership oversee this fund.
The Original Woman's Club of Sarasota Clubhouse
Constructed in 1915, the building served as headquarters for the club and housed the beginnings of the Sarasota Library. While the building is now housed by Florida Studio Theatre, there is a historical marker recognizing the history of The Woman's Club of Sarasota on the site.